If you are packing your own possessions, here are some simple tips to reduce the risk of damage. Whether you are packing some or all of the contents of your home, these points will help. Discard unwanted items.
Get rid of any unwanted items e.g. clothes, kitchenware, toys etc before you start packing to avoid confusion. Pack Carefully
- When packing cartons try and keep like items together - books with magazines, kitchenware with ornaments etc.
- Always pack lighter items such as bedding in large cartons.
- Heavier items like books or tools into smaller cartons. Never overload the cartons.
- Dismantle beds and place legs and screws (along with any electronic remotes and cables) into a separate carton.
- Small pot plants should be packed into an open top carton for the removals to see.